Please see the information below on upgrading a license by license type. The Board is developing a supervision presentation that will be posted here soon to provide additional information.
To upgrade, you will need to initiate an online request in your licensee dashboard and submit payment of the upgrade fee. In addition, you will need to upload an employer letter that:
- is dated
- is on letterhead
- indicates the start date (must coincide with dates on SLP Form 100)
- indicates full or part time status or number of hours worked per week. If status changed, the dates must be included in the letter
- indicates date employment ended or that employment is going (must coincide with dates on SLP Form 100)
- is signed.
Additionally, you will need to upload an SLP Form 100 that reflects 36 weeks of full time or equivalent supervision. The SLP Form 100 must:
- be completed in its entirety, with every blank and checkbox filled
- reflect actual current supervision
- include the number of supervised hours recorded in the proper column. School employees will use the 9 month section, with Semester 1 being August - December and Semester 2 being January - May. All other employment settings, will use the 12 month employee section, recording in quarters as noted on the SLP Form 100.
- be recorded in number of HOURS
- be signed by both supervisee and supervisor
- be continuous or an explanation of gaps in supervision must be submitted
- cover the entirety of supervision, whether on one form or multiple, but it must reflect continuous supervision
- contain no more than a 1 year time frame
- must include only one supervisor per form
For licensure upgrade, you will need to initiate an upgrade request as soon as you have met the requirements. You must remain under supervision as a Provisional SLP until the upgrade is granted by the Board. Completion of ASHA requirements, does not release you from the supervision mandates imposed by your current level of licensure. A passing Praxis score must be on file. If not, you must request from ETS using code 7331.
You will likely renew and upgrade in the same year; however, you do not have to wait until June 30th to upgrade.
Provisional SLP Assistants
Provisional SLP Assistants come into the field with a minimum of 100 clinical practicum hours obtained directly from the university. The remaining 125 hours needed to become an SLP Assistant can be obtained either through the university or through on-the-job training. Only DIRECT observation hours count toward upgrade and must be obtained within a three-year period in accordance with Rule 107. Direct and indirect supervision hours are required, but only the DIRECT hours will count toward upgrade. Volunteer services do not count towards the upgrade of licensure.
It is the licensee's responsibility to apply for the upgrade of their license. Licensees must remain under supervision for the current level of licensure that they hold until the upgrade is granted by the Board. It is recommended that the licensee upgrade as soon as they meet the requirements. Licensees may have to renew and upgrade in the same year; however, they do not have to wait until June 30th to upgrade.